Friday, July 1, 2011

The "Ice Cream Scoop Skirt" and "Self Portrait" Shirt

Like most little girls I know, my daughter loves to play dress up. So much so, that she doesn't have a problem leaving the house wearing her tutu or Cinderella dress. Me, being the mom that doesn't totally love when her daughter walks out the door in full princess garb, had to come up with a plan to allow her to express her "princess" ultra-ego while at the same time rockin' an outfit that isn't totally see-through and not to mention borderline hideous! With the help of my very opinionated daughter I came up with this. She picked the tulle (I was going to go for a totally different material) and the colors and I just let the colors and textures inspire me. Pair this little number with the "Self Portrait" shirt and you've got a whole new version of dress-up...the kind you won't be secretly embarrassed to allow her to wear in public.
Even Princesses can make silly faces :)

The best part was, she "WUVED IT" and immediately requested another...SCORE!

Skirt Sizes: Infants-5T
Cost: $55




Shirt Sizes: Infants- Size 7
Cost: $20-$25


Sizes



The Ice Cream Skirt and Shirt Set
Size: Infants-Size 7
Cost: $70.00




3 comments: