Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The "Tea Party" Outfit

We JUST got back from an amazing vacation...which explains why I've been so MIA lately (I will post more on that later).

On our recent trip up North my mother-in-law set up a tea party for her granddaughters. I immediately took the opportunity to whip them up a little something to wear for the lavish occasion, that included, by the way REAL totally fancy china and tea...along with vegan chocolate chip cookies made from scratch by my m-i-l and the girls, and smoothies to top it all off! The girls had a blast wearing their tea party hats and hitting my in-laws' ginormous backyard for a little goofing around right afterwards! I guess running off some of that sugar was exactly what Miss K needed just before hitting our much delayed airplane later on that night!

I grew up very close to my cousin K who lives all the way in California. When we were little our grandmother used to dress us up exactly the same...even though we looked nothing alike. Now, we have daughters about the same age, and when we get them together a couple of times a year there is always a matching outfit to go with the trip! I guess looking back at those coordinating outfits I can understand where our grandmother was coming from...we might as well have been sisters so coordinating outfits was exactly what we needed!

For this outfit I needed to pass on the tradition to Z as Kaiya and her are only a month or so apart. I proceeded to make them little outfits with matching fabric and just switched the design around. They loved prancing around in them!

Cost: $45.00 (shirt and skirt)
Sizes: Infants-Size 7





On another note I can't wait to show you the eye-candy I picked up in NYC's fashion district! My brain is dizzy with inspiration that is still housed in my luggage...both for girls AND boys. Stay tuned!

1 comment: