Monday, July 11, 2011

I'm in a "Turquoise and Red State of Mind" Maxi Dress!

I've been in love with red FOREVER...it's ONE of my favorite colors. However, over the past few years I'm totally diggin' turquoise...I mean, I painted the outdoor furniture I made turquoise if that gives you any indication of how much I LOVE THE COLOR! The best part about it is that it looks amazing on anyone, really...tan or not tanned.

Anyhoo, I was going through my massive fabric stash and came upon a few yards of fabric that I have been hoarding for a few years. I bought the red fabric in NYC when I lived up north on one of my bazillion fabric shopping escapades before we moved, and was saving it for, you know, just the "right" outfit! Well guess what...that "right" outfit came to me and I just had to get right on it and start cutting into it!

I am in love with maxi dresses (In fact, I'm in the works of making one for myself...but that's a story for another post). And I knew my little muse would look amazing in one, so I got to work and came up with this little number.

I proceeded to use part of the paisley pattern on the red fabric and hand-beaded around it, adding a little more turquoise to the mix. I hand shirred the back for a more comfortable fit, and voila! The red is a flowy voile type of fabric and the blue is cotton, both super comfortable! Kaiya LOVED it...even if it had no purple on it!

Sizes: Infants-Size 7
Cost: $73





3 comments:

  1. Where do I begin? FIRST- Kaiya is so cute and the lady in the purple shirt misses her! NOW, the dress. Oh my. The color combo is one of my all time faves, so of course I am drooling for that fabric. The little surprise of the turquois wrapping around the back is brilliant. Great design. So wish I had a girl to dress...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute dress (& girl!)- I adore the color combo! You're so talented :-) I'll definitely be ordering something for our niece's first birthday in the fall. Best of luck~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Love the colors and the shirring!

    ReplyDelete