Tuesday, June 21, 2011

At Long Last...Getting Started

I am very excited to finally be doing this. I have been dreaming about making clothes and showcasing (even selling them) for years (my first foray with school was 12 years ago with aspirations to be a fashion designer).

I've been spending most days creating, with an attempt at finally posting something finished. I guess I want to have a few things done in order to showcase more than one garment at a time.

The handest part in truth, was finding a name. I knew I wanted to concentrate on children's clothing and accessories (don't get me wrong...I'll be sewing for myself somewhere along the way, as well as featuring "other" projects I might be working on), but seeing how my muse is my daughter I was inspired to make clothes that WE loved...this is where k.a.i-y.a came to play! Not only is that my daughters name, but it's an acronym for whom I'll be sewing for, and thus kids and infants-young apparel was born. My labor of love...literally!

I have to say despite the fact that my schooling has developed into something related to science/healthcare, sewing is still what excites me and keeps me sane. At times, my perfectionism and need to make sure that all things look exactly how I envision them are what deter me from putting things up. No worries, though...pretty soon this blog will be filled with many of my ideas, I hope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment