Wednesday, June 22, 2011

i'm back!

The past few weeks have been intense.  Not only have I been brainstorming on designs but many things have happened, both happy and sad in my life.   One of my best friends and neighbors moved to a different state...I'm talking four states North. While I know this was a great move for them as a family it was very bittersweet for me.  I miss her daily and look across the street to her house and tell myself they are only on vacation. I have to say it's because of her that I have met every single one of the people that I talk to today since moving to this state almost three years ago.  She has been an amazing blessing in my life and we (mchubbers and daughter) love them like our own family.  I am eagerly following her blog to stay in touch with her daily happenings both creatively and personally, not to mention her collaboration with another amazing woman who also happened to move within the last year.

On a happier note, I have been creating and spending some time with another neighbor who has unleashed a creative fire within me! She is SUPER talented and a constant source of inspiration. She and I met about a year ago when she designed/made a handbag for me...and it just so happened that we have a mutual love for creating. She is extremely sweet and talented and I just love her to pieces.  It doesn't hurt that she also has the sweetest kids, and our little girls love to hang out with each other.  I'm blessed to have met some amazing girls in my neighborhood and we all just happen to share a love for sewing/crafting/decorating/thrifting/refurbishing.  It's amazing!

So here is a sneak peak at what's been happening.  Don't worry a little designing will be coming along before you know it...I promise.

In the meantime I wont leave you totally hanging. Here is a project I worked on for my guest room.  That room needed a major redesign so here are some pieces I came up with.




This is a dresser and nightstand I purchased at a local thrift store. It's solid wood and beautiful, but I wanted to give it a little bit of my own touch...so here is what I came up with. I wish I had a before picture :( I used Valspar paint. The off-white is Asiago in flat and the grey is also Valspar but this time spray pain, in Pewter Grey.



1 comment: