Thursday, June 23, 2011

....new furniture



I  know, I know. I've been promising sewing stuff for days now but I had to post one more furniture revamp.  A few months ago McHubbers and I painted our deck, removed the netted fence around the pool and rearranged the outdoor furniture.  While the backyard looked 100 times better we were in need of some serious furniture.  Me, being too cheap to go out and buy a new piece of furniture (especially after my previous thrift scores). I set out to find some inspiration at my local thrift stores and came across two beds.  There were two head and footboards, one was a twin and the other a queen... or full can't remember.  Anyway, I had come across a tutorial that showed how to turn these beds into benches.  So, that exactly what I did.  It did take me about a week and some help from my neighbor and little brother to complete, but i have to say it was well worth it. I proceeded to make the cushions and the pillows as well, not to mention the table (which I made from scrap wood).  The tray I repainted and added the writing to it...I REALLY love the way it came out.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

xo-
m

No comments:

Post a Comment